Search This Blog

Tuesday 7 January 2014

2013 Beauty Fvourites Following me into the New Year!



Can I just say how much I LOVE Soap & Glory productsYou know those smells that just remind you of a Great time in your life and bring back tones of memories! Yes? Well that's Soap & Glory for me! This is just a quick-ish break down and review of some of my favourite products that I like. Body stuffs and Make-up, that I will take with me from 2013, into my 2014 adventure!

My two main Soap & Glory products are the Mist you Madly and The Righteous Butter body lotion the two together after a shower makes you smell like a beautiful, mystical unicorn type creature! Honestly! They are inexpensive, smell SO Good and they are not too heavy! As Moisturizers go, some can be sticky and take ages to sink in. This moisturizer has Shea and cocoa seed butters, Rosehip seed oil, Aloe Vera & vitamin E. LOVE THEM. GET THEM! 


The second moisturizer is more a lot more expensive and actually used for people with stretch marks or pregnant women or even for people who have lost weight. But I don't care. I'm LOVING  it. L'occitane Almond Supple Skin Oil is so luxurious, without being greasy and it makes you smell so beautiful. Its has such a gorgeous scent. Not to mention that it makes your skin feel ridiculously soft! Its delicious!

The second picture to the right is a perfume. Now I'm not one for changing my perfumes! I like to have a scent that's just me! My smell! (sounds a bit creepy, but I think you get my drift!) 
 Up until about 2012 I had been using Dolce and Gabbana The one when I decided I would switch it up for 2013 and fell so hard in love with another one of L'occitane products the; Jasmin &Bergamote Eau De Toilette, its very different from The one Dolce & Gabanna, Its far lighter, very fresh smelling, it is feminine and just pretty. I feel like I should be roaming around a beautiful field of flowers, with the sun shining on me and a gentle wind blowing in my hair, when I wear this!!
 (hope you enjoyed that image I just painted for you!)
Seriously if your looking to switch up your scent, I would highly recommend it! 

NOW for Makeup! :) 
Don't get me wrong, I love trying new products! BUT.. I have never found ANYTHING that beats MAC lipsticks!! If there is someone out there that knows a better brand of lipstick that is long lasting, comes in a huge range of different colours and has nice packaging, then do let me know! It's a challenge!  I have tried some 'Dupes' and always went back to MAC. I am going to make it a mission this year to find some Mac Dupes and write up a post on my findings! (If I find them!!)


I mainly wear Nude Mac colours for daytime. Hue which is light pink, with a frosty shimmer is great for daytime, its a subtle colour and great with a smokey eye too. Creme Cup is another of my favourites! It is a blue toned pale pink and honestly probably one of  the most Gorgeous colours!
I injected a bit more colour for 2013 with Vegas Volt, which is more of a coral colour and just again really beautiful and feminine.

FACE STUFFSS!

Face products this year from 2013 has to include Benefits High Beam I used to wear this a few years ago and forgot how stunning this product is. When your on holidays, a dab on your collar bones, cheeks, or brow bone is just simply stunning and so effective!
Also another product which I used to rob from my mum (when I was younger) that I have re-added to my make-up collection is the Yes Saint Laurent Touche eclat highlighter, this is perfect for around the eye area and for contouring as its not too shimmery!. This is definitely a luxurious one but MY GOD  is it stunning. I feel like Im just saying everything is AMAZZZZZING but they are my favourites of 2013, and products that I plan on using throughout 2014! So it would be a bit weird if I wasn't highlighting HOW Gorgeous I find them all! 

Lastly Benefits POREfessional primer... I was a bit Meh! About putting this on the list. Only because I personally find that the stuff feels SOoOo weird on my skin. I actually don't even know how to describe it.. It kinda feels like It shouldn't be going on my skin at all! It does do a great job though and feels very light. Also I love the packaging and it really stops my skin from getting greasy and oily throughout the day. That's a big thing for me and ultimately why it made the cut for 2014!!

EYES My Favourite! 


Urban Decay primer, is a beauty favourite for the ol' eyes, although the application of the product with the brush is a pain. The primer in the tube is far better! It stops creasing and is a light primer, you only need the smallest amount. Its a gem. Another Urban decay obsession is the Naked Basic Palette which I also mentioned in the; Taking the high brow post, its a must its GREAT for travelling, great for doing a basic eye, great for filing in the brows... smells a little weird, Is it weird that I smelled eyeshadow? Um its just a great little set! The last absolute favourite eyeliner HAS to be the Rimmel liquid eyeiner Glameyes in BROWN I adore, love and cherish this product so, SO much I prefer the thin brush as its more accurate and I can add to more eyeliner if I want my liner to be thicker! I find its a lot more natural then black which can be harsh, brown is also quite soft around the eyes. I have quite dark hair and hazel eyes. Having dark features is great but I think brown, for me is more natural for everyday makeup look rather then black.

That's it what are your favurite Beauty products from 2013? Will you be keeping them for 2014? 
<3



5 comments:

  1. Heey gorgeous, amazing blog :)
    Loves it <3

    if you follow me ill follow you back :P

    www.confessions-ofa-fashionista.blogspot.co.uk

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey! Thanks for your lovely comment!! Its always lovely to know what people think! Still new to all this! Will go& check it out and follow! :)
      xx

      Delete
    2. Ps Are you on Bloglovin??

      Delete
  2. Love the lipstick!
    Great blog, I'm a new follower on bloglovin and GFC, would you like to follow each other?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Diana would love to! Thanks for your comment! :) <3

      Delete